Sunday, June 11, 2006

Drawing

The drawing element of the project so far has received the least support ! It seems to be perceived as a little unfashionable, whereas an installation, for example, would be encouraged with gusto.

I've never felt particularly confident with drawing which is part of the reason why I am so keen to maintain it's inclusion in this project. It is an opportunity to develop confidence and maybe establish a style that works in the context of the type of work I do alongside photography and graphic design. I also value it as a technique that encourages analysis and appreciation of the subject regardless of how successful the end result is. In the context of this overall project this analysis and appreciation has benefits to any other technique that may be used.

Drawing and annotation is a process normally confined to sketchbooks and development of ideas. The two seem to go hand in hand, particularly in work relating to Architecture and Engineering and it is a style of capturing thoughts that I feel naturally compelled to do when getting them down on paper. Which other areas of the Dalton Mills project I can take this further with I don't yet know but I'm keen to include this technique. Not least because currently it seems to be a little unfashionable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home